Sapphire Board 01 Model Manual
RIDING YOUR SAPPHIRE
- The configuration above illustrates the placement of the sensors
- Placing your feet anywhere on the sensors will allow the board to read your weight distribution.
- Note: feet can be partially on the sensors, but this may result in a less accurate reading.
TURNING ON/OFF THE BOARD
- Simply roll the board forward, or push it off the ground as if you were riding a normal skateboard.
- The board doesn’t beep when turned on.
- The board will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity (if the sensors do not detect any input from your feet). So simply step off and the board will turn off by itself.
- Note that automatic shut-off time can also be adjusted via the Sapphire App for up to 5 minutes.
RIDING THE BOARD
- Leaning forward will accelerate the board and leaning back will activate the brakes. NOTE: the board will not go in reverse.
- Once you have reached your desired speed, stop leaning forward and stand neutrally. Your speed will be maintained while in a neutral stance so you do not have to keep leaning forward. (you can also adjust this effect in the app).
- Both feet must be on the sensors of the board in order to accelerate or brake. Avoid leaning too far forward or backward to the point where on foot is lifted off the sensors.
- PRO TIP : When accelerating, bend your front knee while keeping your back knee straight, and tilt your back foot very slightly by lifting your pinky toe. When braking, do the same in reverse: bend your back knee while keeping your front knee straight and tilt your front foot slightly. Tilting one foot allows the sensor to read the other foot better.
UPGRADE // REPLACE // REMOVE
- Nearly all components on the Sapphire are designed to be modular and upgradeable.
- Sensor plate
- Wheels / Motor Rubber
MOBILE DEVICE PAIRING
- Download the Ride Sapphire app from or from the Google Play App store
- Open the App and connect to the board. Once the board is paired with the phone, it will automatically connect to the app when the board turns on. ( you will not have to create an account, simply download the app )
- Adjust the settings to your desired ride style, or select a preset style.
- Your settings will be saved to your Sapphire even when the board disconnects from the app NOTE: the app is not required to ride the board.
- Full instructions on how to use the Ride Sapphire App can be found on SapphireBoard.com/mobile.
- If you have a unique style or preference for riding, the Sapphire can be calibrated to your unique riding style.
- Open the Sapphire Board App and press “Calibrate”. NOTE: the wheels will lock up while in calibration mode so you cannot move the board.
- Follow the instructions on the app then confirm calibration
- If you wish to restore the default riding style, press calibrates, then confirm without standing on the board.
- Calibration should also be used before every ride to make sure the pads are functioning properly. Check that both pads are reading force signals when stood on and giving blank reads when not stood on.
- By default, the board will enable “Auto Braking” which will activate the board’s braking system for 5 seconds if the user jumps off the board.
- This feature can be turned off in the Ride Sapphire App.
- As long as one foot is on one of the sensitive areas, Autobrake will not activate so that the user can maneuver the board while off the board.
- For beginners, it is recommended that the auto brake be left on.
- More advanced users can turn off auto-brake if desired to accommodate their riding styles.
- Unscrew the machine bolts that hold the plate to the board and carefully remove it from the board with a flat head tool.
- Unplug the wires that connect the plate to the board.
- Repeat the process in reverse to install the plate.
- Note: the sensor plate is not symmetrical, so the crews will only align in one orientation.
- Once the sensor plate is removed, the battery can be removed by unplugging the connectors.
WHEELS / MOTOR RUBBER
- To replace the motor PU rubber, remove the machine screws on the outside of the motor and remove the plate. The rubber should slide off for you to replace.
- Repeat the process in reverse to install a new set of PU rubber tires.
- Front wheels can be removed with the included skate tool by unfastening the nuts on the truck hangar axle.
PRODUCT & BATTERY DISPOSAL INFORMATION
- Your device should not be placed in municipal waste. Please check local regulations for proper disposal of electronic products.
- If this unit shows any type of damage, such as bulging, swelling, or disfigurement, discontinue use and immediately contact Sapphire Support by going to Support on our website.
- Dispose of used batteries in accordance with the prevailing community regulations that apply to the disposal of batteries.
- Never dispose of used batteries with other ordinary solid wastes.
- Batteries contain toxic substances
- For any questions or concerns go to SapphireBoard.com/Support . For warranty claims or serious issues, email us at Contact@SpphrStudio.com
- Calibration should be used before every ride to make sure the pads are functioning properly. Check that both pads are reading force signals when stood on and giving blank reads when not stood on. If sensors are not behaving as expected, do not ride the board and contact Sapphire Customer Service before attempting to ride the board.
- Do not ride in close proximity (10 feet) to other motorized vehicles
- Always wear proper protective gear when riding your Sapphire Board
- Helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and long sleeve clothing are recommended for safe riding
- Optimal Operating Environment Temperature: 5°C – 40°C/41°F – 104°F Humidity: 0% – 90%
- Battery packs are approved by most major airlines. Check with your airline before flying.
- What comes up must come down. Do not ride the board on an elevated hill unless you are comfortable stopping the board with foot braking methods in the event of bluetooth interference or sensor pad failure or are able to ride the board into a safe area for dismount
- Do not shock the board or battery by slamming it into other objects
- Always keep the battery out of reach for infants and small children.
- Never expose this product or the battery to any liquids.
- Never throw the battery into a fire, as that could cause the battery to explode.
- Never short-circuit the battery by bringing the connector terminals in contact with another metal object. This could cause personal injury or fire and could also damage the battery
- Prior to using any Sapphire product, we highly recommend that you research your local regulations and country specific laws. Ultimately, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations and Sapphire waives all liability relating to your use of Sapphire products
- Never ride in water, on wet surfaces, in the rain, on slippery or uneven surfaces, up steep hills, in traffic, and over cracks, train tracks, gravel, rocks, or any obstacles that could cause a loss of traction. Avoid night riding, areas with poor visibility, and narrow spaces.